The Eighth Miracle Meeting

As I was praying with and talking to Rushmi, the old man who had called for prayer the night before unexpectedly showed up.  He said that after Mom prayed for him over the phone, he felt better and slept for the first time in three days.  Mom shared our testimony with him as I finished up with Rushmi.  Then we prayed for the old man and his needs.

After the man left, Mom and I just lounged around.  I edited pictures to hopefully put up on this website, while Mom did some sewing.  We had an Indian movie running in the background.  A portion of the movie had the “never cry wolf” theme.

In the evening we went to Ravi’s wedding reception.  We did not know anyone there.  However, we sat next to an elderly man who claimed to be a fortune teller.  It was interesting.  He told us he had diabetes.  As we were leaving, I asked him if I could pray for him. 

Today, I have been ill.  I am not quite sure what is wrong, but I think it is the flu.  I am hurting all over.  Even my fingers are hurting as I am typing this.  I slept during the day.  Then at 4:30 PM, the children showed up for tuition.  Vijay, Ajay, Maharaj Singh, Akansha and Mahima came for tuition.  Maharaj Singh is part of the reason we started holding tuition sessions.  If you recall, he is the kid who has to cook and clean at home, so he is unable to attend school.  He has been gone to his village for several weeks.  But, he is back now.  He is quite intelligent and a quick learner.  Vijay is also a quick learner.  Today I was teaching them how to sound out words.  They are so used to memorizing words that I have to be creative in order to give them words they have never seen before and have to sound out, rather than giving them words they already know.

While I did English tuition, Mom shared the story of creation with Akansha’s mother and neighbor, Malti Didi.

Many kids showed up for our eighth miracle meeting.  Three new kids: Govinda, Suraj and Baji, joined the regulars: Nahim, Vinod (middle), Vinod (big), Sarika, and Amit, and those who had come for tuition.  On Thursdays we generally talk about the miracles of Jesus.  This week we spoke about the miracle in John 4:46-54, when Jesus healed the official’s son.

John 4:46-54 states:

46 So Jesus came again to Cana of Galilee where He had made the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman whose son was sick at Capernaum. 47 When he heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee, he went to Him and implored Him to come down and heal his son, for he was at the point of death. 48 Then Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe.”

49 The nobleman said to Him, “Sir, come down before my child dies!”

50 Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your son lives.” So the man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him, and he went his way. 51 And as he was now going down, his servants met him and told him, saying, “Your son lives!”

52 Then he inquired of them the hour when he got better. And they said to him, “Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him.” 53 So the father knew that it was at the same hour in which Jesus said to him, “Your son lives.” And he himself believed, and his whole household.

54 This again is the second sign Jesus did when He had come out of Judea into Galilee.

We only discussed a few points from this miracle.  First, why is it that we have to see to believe?  Is that really faith?  Isn’t faith believing without seeing?  Here, the official believed Jesus’ words.  Second, we discussed how many people, even after they do see, still are reluctant to believe.  But, here, the official’s family believed when they saw the miracle.  Third, there is power in the word of God.  Jesus merely spoke the word, and the official’s son was made whole at that very moment.  Jesus didn’t have to lay hands on the boy.  Jesus didn’t have to see the boy.  The boy may not have even known that his father had gone to see Jesus.  Jesus simply spoke the word, and the boy was made whole.

Afterward, we prayed for the various needs of the boys.  Big Vinod had injured his thumb after falling off of a bicycle and Baji had injured his leg and side in the same accident.  We prayed for them, and instantly the pain left.  Baji was amazed, as this was the first miracle he had seen.  Vinod, on the other hand, expected the miracle and took it nonchalantly…as a given that he would be healed. 

After the meeting was over, my maternal Aunt and Uncle came over with some relatives for prayer.  They brought a little boy named Rishab who is suffering from muscular dystrophy.  He is a very intelligent and strong willed little boy.  We shared with them and prayed with them.  Rishab said that as we were praying for him, he felt more confidence that he is going to be healed than he has felt before.  His mother took a Bible to read and promised to call for more prayer.

Then, the Varghese family came over for prayer.  About two months ago, all of a sudden, the wife lost complete hearing in one ear and about 50% of her hearing in the other ear.  As we prayed, she felt one of her ears open up a bit. 

Before we went to bed, the elderly man who had come over on the 1st, called for more prayer.  He said he felt a difference, as did his wife.

Scripture for the Day:
I am telling you the truth: whoever hears my words and believes in Him who sent me had eternal life.  He will not be judged, but has already passed from death to life.  John 5:24.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>