Hospital, Market, Funeral, then Home

After praying at the hospital, we went back to Karol Bagh because we still needed to pick up a few more clothes that we had bought earlier, but were being altered.  Mom testified to some new shop keepers while I followed up on the ones we had met earlier.  The shopkeepers we had prayed with a few days back said they felt a marked improvement.  The daughter, Akanksha, who we prayed for regarding asthma, we were told had slept well and not coughed at night for the past 2 days (which I guess was not routine).  The other daughter, Rupali, said that the night that we had prayed for her, she went to sleep just praising Jesus.  She woke up in the middle of the night and saw Jesus walking around in her room.  She got scared that she had done something wrong and that he was there to reprimand her, so she immediately covered her face with her blanket!  When she finally pulled the blanket down, He wasn’t there.

After finishing up at Karol Bagh (this time we got everything, so likely will not be going back for some time), we had to rush to a memorial service for a 96 year old woman who had passed away earlier in the week.  We had been asked to briefly share at the service.  I shared the poem, “Footprints,” and spoke about trusting in the Lord and knowing that He is carrying us through the hard times.

The memorial service went an hour longer than expected, and afterwards we had to rush back home because Thursdays are miracle prayer night at home.  We had anticipated being a little late, so had asked some of my cousins’ wives to lead the worship service and share their personal testimonies.  The meeting started at 6:00 PM.  We were anticipating being home by 6:30 PM at the latest, but didn’t get home until 7:30 PM.  When we got home, four people were waiting for prayer.  The first was a young woman, Sapna.  She had pain in her knees (possibly arthritis).  As we prayed, the pain completely disappeared!  Then we prayed for her little daughter who has been diagnosed with epilepsy.  Mr. Mehta and his wife were also there for prayer.  Mr. Mehta wanted prayer for extra calcium production in his kidneys.  Although the blood had stopped after prayer, he was now facing a calcium problem.  We prayed for him and his wife.

Then, Mukesh from upstairs, hung out with us for a while and we had dinner together.

Finally, at about 9:00 PM, the neighbor with the vision problem came for prayer.  He said he had been doing well until the day before, when his eyes started troubling him again.  We prayed and his eyes completely cleared up…again.

In the evening someone called and told us that at the many people had wanted to talk to us after the memorial service but we had left.  One of the people who had wanted to talk to us was a woman who we had prayed for when we visited the YMCA in August.  She had gotten prayer for asthma and had been completely healed!

Oh, I almost forgot.  I got the best phone call today.  Ankit, one of the kids who had come over a lot in September called.  I had been trying to get a hold of him, but had not had any success.  I had basically given up trying to make contact.  A couple of days ago, a pastor friend of mine said he was praying for Ankit and Sanjeev.  And God heard that prayer!  Out of the blue Ankit called!  He and Sanjeev will come over on Saturday.  I can’t wait to see them.

Scripture for the Day:
3 If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments, and perform them,…7 You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you.  8 Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you.  Leviticus 26:3 & 7-8.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>